Hope In Our City was launched in 2015 by Fellowship Denver members Jordan and Katie Fischer. Hope in Our City coaches at-risk individuals in refugee communities to develop the essential skills required to advance their personal lives and contribute to their communities. By loving thy neighbor here in Denver, we are able to offer a network and opportunities to foster healthy community and holistic development for at-risk youth and families in Sun Valley -- making generational impact.
Hope In Our City has a variety of volunteer needs - especially in the areas of
sports, education and mentoring - with varying degrees of commitment.
We have opportunities for families with children, businesses, small
groups and individuals.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDIVIDUALS:
- Play with kids at Glorified Recess on Fridays at Fairview Elementary School
- Teach kids life-skills through a weekly leadership program
- Build relationships with moms in Sun Valley and help them learn English through Conversation Groups
- Offer your expertise (budgeting, finance, design, arts, etc.) in a one-time or ongoing service to train families and children
- Create an experience to expand the worldview of youth (e.g., organize a tour of your business or a factory you have a connection with)
- Join the Prayer Team
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROUPS:
- Play with kids at Glorified Recess on Fridays at Fairview Elementary School (great opportunity for entire families to serve together!)
- Cultivate a Cross-Cultural Friendship (similar to a mentorship program)
- Help at a one-time special event such as a basketball tournament or a hike in the mountains with kids and families from Sun Valley
To learn more or sign-up to volunteer, contact Fellowship Denver member Ben Sooy.
You can also visit our website here.